Monday, August 1, 2016

Weird behaviour with some cpu governors

I am currently on RR with the m8 kernel.

I am seeing a very bizarre behavioural pattern where powersaving governors and hotplugs such as alucard have ha huge battery consumption whereas interactive governors such as yankactive or intelliactive consume way less.

For example my current settings are smartmax_eps governor with msm_hotplug,
Code:

CPU Maximum Frequency 1267Mhz
CPU minumum Frequency 268Mhz
Sync threshold disabled
Input boost frequency disabled

For my hotplug I have the MSM Hotplug
Code:

all defaults
For GPU governor
Code:

Max Frequency 462Mhz
GPU governor powersave

I have also enabled vomer accurich in screen settings, but I don't think it should have any bearings on the battery life.

and it still consumes more than Intelliactive with the MSM Hotplug and 2 Boosted cores. and max boost frequency 2419MHz.

I don't even want to talk abour zzmoove that has an incredible power drain when I have enabled the zzmoove all hotplugs disabled and zzmoove native hotplug enabled (23%/h).

Am I doing something wrong or are some of my configurations wrong? I have tasker and wanted to have the best powersaving experience while on the go and then switch over to a good interactive governor when playing some games sometimes. I am missing the power saving profile with great battery life.

Does here someone have a better configuration profile or an idea of what the problem might be or the thing that I am missing?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ac8qlR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment