Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Tribute 5/Kingroot/No Command Screen

So following the instructions here I rooted my LG Tribute 5 when I got it with Kingroot. And everything was fine for months. Until System Updates started to pop up regularly but I could never get them to install(they would error out). After a quick search I learned the updates won't install cuz the device was rooted. And a quick unroot would get the install to work.

I just unrooted through the kingroot app and started the updated. Before, when I tried the update it would error out about a quarter of the way through. This time the bar made it all the way to the end and then error'd out. I didn't think much of it. So since the device was stuck I took my battery out and back in. The device went through the boot process, then a No Command error popped up. Never saw that before.

So I tinkered with it a bit and kept getting the error. So I got into the Recovery Menu to do a full wipe and factory reset. I did that, but the No Command still popped up.

I know I can put a custom rom file on my external sd card and install that through recovery, right? The thing is I would like to install Slimrom, but there are a ton of downloads on the sites download page. So I'm asking for a little help on directions on a slimrom that will work on the LG Tribute 5.

And if there isn't a custom rom that works with a tribute 5,can I get a recommendation of one a custom rom that does? I'm into lightweight and minimalistic. By the way, I didn't have a custom rom on my phone, just had it rooted.

Thank you so much in advance for any and all help


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aIwnj1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment