Wednesday, August 3, 2016

S6 shop unlock, and now 'unauthorised actions detected' warning (+ forgets WiFi pwds)

Hi

I've had a good look around the forums, but would appreciate a pointer if anyone can help...

I have a new EE Samsung S6 (SM-G920F, Android 6.0.1) which I needed to be unlocked for O2. Rather than contact EE, I spent £20 in a shop advertising unlocking, and it appeared to work. However, I now get the 'Unauthorised actions have been detected. Restart your device...' warning, even immediately after a factory reset (and the Knox counter on the Odin screen says '1'). The other issue is WiFi passwords aren't remembered, meaning I have to log in to my home Wifi every time (I've read about this here)

I've read the 'unauthorised actions' warning is Knox related, and there are apps that can suppress the warning, but the reason seemed to be a bad batch of phones in 2015, and the issue was apparently fixed in 5.1.1 which doesn't seem to be the case here...
  • Was I foolish to get it unlocked by a shop?
  • Is there anyway to reverse whatever they've done?
  • Now that the Knox counter has been tripped (and I've supposedly invalidated the warranty), should I go about rooting the phone with stock 6.0.1 in the hope that I can install an app to suppress the warning, and try editing the files that might be causing the Wifi password issue?
  • Presumably I can't go back to EE to ask for advice now?

Many thanks for any suggestions!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aMZW4b
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment