Monday, August 1, 2016

Rooting an unknow device

Hello and Welcome,

I was looking as hell for a solution to my problem on the internet.
I have been fighting with this for a month now.

Some months ago I have bought a china camera. I have started to have some problem with it, so I decided to check what is inside. I have found some Xynos(samsung chip).
It have custom system running on it.
I realize that it has an android(4.0.3) on it running an app(which act as a OS) which is responsible for full device.
I decided to connect USB keyboard to it and I manage to exit(! haha) this app and go to normal android device launcher.

In the next step I wanted to run ADB. I did not have any drivers, so I tried to change pid of universal USB driver and it worked(!).
The problem that I am facing now, is that I cannot enable USB debugging to run ADB. When I go to developer options and enable USB Debugging go back and again enter it is disabled.
So they somehow secure this. Is there a way to "hack" this? I tried to get to fastboot by pressing all hardware buttons but no luck.
I have also Extracted this app as a *.apk but there is nothing that I can do with it. I tried to install it on another device, but it says that "App was not installed", maybe because of android version(I tried on 4.4.2).

Best Regards,
Patryk


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aoSHLC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment