Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Odd message after reboots about My Account access

Hi Folks,
I did a search and couldn't locate a reference to this notification message yet, please let me know if it's already been referenced.

Running stock OTA Marshmallow on a non-rooted Nexus 6 with Verizon Wireless and a grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan.

Usually within 30 minutes of rebooting my phone, the following message shows in Notifications, but clicking on it only removes the message and does not actually open any app:

Quote:

My Account needs access to your device's location, contacts, and phone identity in order to automatically connect you to premium and public hotspots and save your data plan.
I thought it might be the Verizon Mobile app, so I turned off its notifications permissions in App Settings, but that had no effect.

Curious what on my phone is trying to gain this access and which "My Account" is being referenced - any ideas?

-ooofest


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aKia6f
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment