Friday, August 26, 2016

N7000 special case of superbrick, please help!

OK guys, let me explain my problem in shortest possible form;
Few days ago I bought N7000 with a "software issue"- as seller described his item, and I supposed that it would be easy to fix this kind of problem, because I never had any problem repairing soft bricked phones, but this one driving me crazy. I read all about N7000 brick states, and closest what I found related to my phone is "superbrick", because I can't enter recovery mode, the only mode it enters is Download Mode.

Let me give you some more info about the phone's status before any ODIN flash I tried:
-Seller told me that phone didn't finnish update (thats all he said, and that was OTA update);
-when I received phone, when I tured it on, it was stuck at "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." (then I said to myself "this is goidg to be easy....")
-I could enter download mode, and when it is in downlad mode it says that no custom binary is installed (custom binary counter:0, so I suppose there wasn't custom ROMs or kernels installed)

Then I tried to flash stock ROM, but failed. Odin always stuck when it have to write (write operation failed), and that is happening on every rom I've tried (it fails writing "data.img", it fails writing zImage, also stuck at "NAND write start"). I have tried almost any Odin version available, changing USB ports, USB cable (I have original SAMSUNG cable also), but nothing worked.
Then I read here on some threads that is possible to solve this problem with flashing custom .pit file, and I decided to give a try, and it stuck at "Do not turn off target!", and later it says "FAILED" in red rectangle, and then Odin disconnects my phone by itself (I never disconnect phone during flash, unless Odin is stuck for a unusally long time(which is the case with my phone)).

The ONLY thing I have managed to flash to my phone is "Q1_CHN_bridge_bootloader.tar", chinese version of bootloader (whit full success, Odin passed "start NAND write"), so I tought it will chinese firmware version (i9220)., but I was wrong, it get stuck at usual. (when bootloader was flashed, "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." message disappeared, and it showed yellow triangle with SAMSUNG NOTE N7000 logo instead).
Before I tried .pit flashing, I tried to flash custom kernel with custom recovery (GB, ICS and JB kernel version), but that also didn't work (custom binary changing when trying to flash kernel).

So, to conclude:
-Note N7000 enters download mode
-I can't flash anything (.pit, kernel with (custom) recovery, N7000 bootloader) except "Q1_CHN_bridge_bootloader.tar", chinese (i9220) version bootloader (That leads me to conclusion that Odin still can write something to phone)

I would like to ask you guys if you have any suggestion or advice what should I try to revive my phone. Any help is more than welcome!
Thanks for reading such a long post! Cheers :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bN4vL3
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment