Sunday, August 28, 2016

LG G2 Bricked No download, recovery, or fastboot - Need help!

Hello all.

I'm coming to you with a problem I'm facing with my black 32gb T-Mobile LG G2.

Situation:

While attempting to install Cyanogenmod 13.0 (stable/snapshot), I've run into an issue where I somehow rooted it with towelroot on 4.2.2, then upgraded to 4.4.2, then 5.0.2, rooted again with KingRoot, then attempted to re-install TWRP as the 5.0.2 OTA update somehow erased it. Once AutoRec Lollipop (D801 version) finished installing. Version 2.8.6.0 was flashed using AutoRec. I rebooted the phone into recovery and proceeded to flash CM 13. According to TWRP, CM 13 was successfully installed, but when I rebooted after installing the CM package, and Google Apps, it rebooted to the LG logo, then came up with tiny white text saying "Boot certification verify" or whatever... I think "Oh crap"... I did something wrong... I continue by attempting to boot into Recovery by holding the power and volume down buttons, it shows the white screen with the yes or no options, I hit yes for all of them, it shows the LG logo, then continues to show the boot certification error... I look it up, and find out that it's a bad install of TWRP, just boot into Download mode and reflash the stock KDZ in the LG Flash Tool... I plug it into my other PC running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit, I hold the power and volume up buttons, it reboots, flashes the LG logo, then comes up with the dark blue "Download Mode" text with the dots below it, then goes black and starts faintly blinking between backlight off and backlight on... So that's my situation that I've been struggling with since August 24th, 2016.

In it's current state, it only sometimes shows up on my main desktop running Linux when I run ls /dev/sd*

It only shows my primary and secondary drives... Being my 128 gb SSD and my 1 TB storage drive.

However, if I spam ls /dev/sd*, it shows up intermittently.

Here's a paste directly from my terminal window.

[root@thebeast /]# ls /dev/sd*
/dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb /dev/sdb1
[root@thebeast /]# ls /dev/sd*
/dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb /dev/sdb1
[root@thebeast /]# ls /dev/sd*
/dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb /dev/sdb1
[root@thebeast /]# ls /dev/sd*
/dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb /dev/sdb1
[root@thebeast /]# ls /dev/sd*
/dev/sda /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc11 /dev/sdc15 /dev/sdc19 /dev/sdc22 /dev/sdc26 /dev/sdc3 /dev/sdc33 /dev/sdc37 /dev/sdc5 /dev/sdc9
/dev/sda1 /dev/sdc /dev/sdc12 /dev/sdc16 /dev/sdc2 /dev/sdc23 /dev/sdc27 /dev/sdc30 /dev/sdc34 /dev/sdc38 /dev/sdc6
/dev/sda2 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdc13 /dev/sdc17 /dev/sdc20 /dev/sdc24 /dev/sdc28 /dev/sdc31 /dev/sdc35 /dev/sdc39 /dev/sdc7
/dev/sdb /dev/sdc10 /dev/sdc14 /dev/sdc18 /dev/sdc21 /dev/sdc25 /dev/sdc29 /dev/sdc32 /dev/sdc36 /dev/sdc4 /dev/sdc8
[root@thebeast /]# ls /dev/sd*
/dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb /dev/sdb1
[root@thebeast /]# ls /dev/sd*
/dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb /dev/sdb1
[root@thebeast /]#

When I follow this guide: http://ift.tt/Kx3ner, the "'dd" command returns "input output error". I have tried like 4 different USB cables which plug in and work fine on my friend's Galaxy SIII, but strangely don't work with the G2.

On my windows 7 machine, it shows up in Device Manager as 2 instances of QHSUSB_BULK one of which is resolved to "Qualcomm HS-USB 9006" once I install the LG and Qualcomm drivers. Windows suggests the other one is a USB Mass Storage device when I tell it to do the automatic install aka "Search for software automatically", but it always fails when it gets to the "Installing driver software" step.

I need help because I've followed almost every guide out there to no avail.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c07rTi
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment