Friday, July 29, 2016

Why does the Sprint Zone app become the "CoreZone" app after flashing 930P firmware?

I find this a bit bizarre. I flashed 930P (Sprint S7) fw to my 930U yesterday. I was hoping to gain the convenience of the Sprint Zone app that comes bundled with Sprint's bloatware. No such luck! The app is there, but it has strangely acquired a new name and icon. It's now called "CoreZone" and boasts a black & white icon displaying only the word "zone". The app will launch and go through the permission dialog popups. But once the permissions are granted, it crashes with a "this application has closed" message. And it can't be uninstalled... the uninstall option is grayed out. I have the Sprint Zone apk but it won't install with this bundled CoreZone app already present. And the icon that's showing for said actual Sprint Zone apk is identical to that of the CoreZone app (i.e., the word "zone" in black & white).

I guess the moral of the story is that it may not be fully possible to make a Sprint branded phone out of a factory unlocked one by merely flashing the variant firmware *shrug*. Anyone know of a possible fix for this other than chucking my 930U and getting a real 930P? :mad:


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ajyr1f
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment