Thursday, March 3, 2016

Relock Bootloader without wiping?

Hello,

I have an interesting project. My company does not use a BYOD setup for company devices, we actually purchase and deploy devices for our end users. This ensures that we have full control over the devices, how they are being used and allows for ease of support and Asset Tracking. I've always been a fan of Nexus devices simply because they are so clean out of the box (little/no bloatware). The latest generation also has the Finger Print sensor which will make using the devices much easier and more secure for our end users.

Now...we have around 250 devices in service (Galaxy S3's) that will need to be upgraded. I have been experimenting with the Nexus and I have been able to Unlock the bootloader, run a temporary Custom Recovery and take a Nandroid backup "image" of the device. This image has all of the software, settings and layout we need on the device. I then wiped everything out and restored the image successfully with only one issue...I can't figure out how to Relock the bootloader on the 5X without wiping out my loaded Nandroid image.

I've tried several ADB Commands, but they all show "Lock bootloader and factory reset phone". Is there a way to relock the bootloader without factory resetting the device? My Nandroid image was taken with stock Marshmallow.

Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1RLtoEt
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment