Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Newby Question for S5 SM-900F CM (Mashmallow 6.0.1) Upgraded !!

Hi All

Could do with some advice Guys !!
I've recently swapped the ROM on my S5 (SM-G900F on Vodafone) from the Alliance (Lollipop) which was working Ok to the CM (Marshmallow 6.0.1).
My issues are thus: Whilst both ROM's have given me no problems with regard to 'Signal/Calls' I have found the 'CM' Rom does created issues for me e.g. 'Black Screen' on Calls (once call is placed or connected) another 'Modder' with similar problems solved this by loading Xposed program and doing something from there but I'm reluctant to try this considering I could end up in another 'Boot Loop' at startup according to 'feedback'.
'CM' ROM also wont recognise my Micro SD card, suggesting I let it 'Format' it, this I'm reluctant to do as I can 'access' it no problem from 'Philz Recovery' , where I have Roms, Photos etc I'm reluctant to give up.
The 'killer' for me for 'CM' is 'Titanium Backup' doesnt work on it either.
So, I tried Recovery and reloading the 'backup' I'd made from the (was working ok inc 'signal strength !!) AllianceRom v 9 (Android 5.0 based on TouchWiz) only to end up in 'Bootloops' I did clean for 'new rom' from within 'Recovery initially before 'Restoring'.
'Several attempts later' and following a 'Tip' to 'Mounts & Storage' , 'Format / System I did manage to get the Backup 'Alliance' back on 'BUT' signal was none existant !!
I've since tried re-installing the Alliance Rom from scratch but had the same problem !!
Question. Would the Rom upgrade to 'CM' (Marshmallow 6.0.1) have affected the 'Modem/Settings' in some way and maybe the 'BootLoader' ?? which might be causing the 'backup Bootloop' ??
Apologies to All for the 'Lengthy Description and fragmented knowledge but if anyone can offer me guidance, tips, links for info on 'Bootloaders' (should I change/downgrade this, if so ,how ??)
I've taken most of my initial learning/Rom advice from .galaxy5root.com ,a site i used a lot for my old Sll too !!
And now XDA !!!!
Thanks for your help in Advance.....


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1USDoiP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment