Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Heavy echo effect on other end of line when using ZenWatch 2 for phone call

Dear ASUS ZenWatch 2 owners,

whenever I call somebody or somebody calls me and I use the ASUS ZenWatch 2 (=> AZW2) directly instead of my smartphone for making the call, people on the other end of the line immediately start to complain about the heavy echo they hear of their own voice. On my side (using the AZW2) everything is perfect and sounds fine.

Making and receiving (short) calls directly on the AZW2 represents a big benefit from my point of view, and I would like to continue to use the AZW2 and this feature - however, it is hardy usable if callers complain on every call...
I tried it on my own to be the person on the other end of the line. Gruesome. :(

In the meantime I tried everything (changed volume on AZW2 from lowest to highest, re-installed Android Wear on phone, even did a full factory reset of the AZW2) - nothing helped.

The question remains however, whether the echo effect was there from the very beginning or started after Android Wear PHONE(!) was updated to V1.5 a few days ago. I received my AZW2 a few days after Android Wear WATCH V1.4 was released for the AZW2, but before Android Wear V1.5 PHONE was released. Could it be that not everybody has installed Android Wear PHONE V1.5 yet, so that exactly these people do not have this problem yet?!? On the other hand, it could be a simple hardware defect as well... :( By the way, I bought mine from Amazon in Germany.

Here are some data from my setup (everything installed from scratch):
PHONE:
Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (SM-G800F)
Android 4.4.2
Android Wear 1.5.0.2690526.gms
Google Play 8.7.03 (2645110-036)
WATCH:
ASUS ZenWatch 2
Android Wear 1.4.0.2633150
Google Play 8.7.03 (2645110-534)
Android 6.0.1

Please help or reply: Do you have the same problem? Or do you have some kind of remedy?

Thank you and best regards,
MiRi3000.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1ojlVSx
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment