Friday, July 29, 2016

Suddenly lost WiFi running CM 12.1 on T-810

I have been running the unofficial CM 12.1 release from April on my Tab S2 T-810 since that date.

The tablet has been fine - outside the limitations by that release - this morning, however, I found that I had lost WiFi access and have not been able to restore it. I have not downloaded any program updates, nor updated the system, and this seems to have happened overnight. The tablet had not turned off and showed 71% battery this morning. Rebooting the tablet has no effect. I am loath to reinstall CM since I will lose some of the information related to my setup.

Can this be a software bug? Is there another way of turning WiFi on besides through the CM settings such as using the command line in a terminal window? Any attempt to turn WiFi on in settings only results in "turning WiFi on..." displayed with no further activity. My tablet is rooted. By the way, Bluetooth seems to work.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aiFtjd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment