Thursday, July 28, 2016

32GB-Boot takes long press of power button (10 plus seconds). Is that normal?

Hello XDA,
I've done some searching but I can't find a post like mine. I'm not in need of troubleshooting, just a question:
I've had a Nexus 5 32gb for awhile. It runs just fine, but it's always had a "feature" which I didn't realize was unique to this phone until just the other day:
Turning the phone on sometimes takes a long press of the power button (10 plus seconds). Sometimes I have to do this a couple of times and then it will boot. Booting into recovery is the same way. When powering off the phone, it takes about 15 seconds to power down, almost like it's just down like a computer. It will not restart. While the phone is booted I can long press the power button to restart it, and the phone will turn off but not restart. Also, from the bootloader I can choose restart but the phone won't restart. It just powers down.
I never assumed this was abnormal as this was my first nexus device, but I recently acquired a 16gb Nexus 5 and it does not behave in this fashion. It boots almost instantly and restarts.
So the question is, is that normal for a 32gb device? The phone has a new power button and new battery so pretty sure that's not the cause or contributing. Phone has not been rooted or unlocked.
Any thoughts?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2a6WBZV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment