Monday, February 29, 2016

Google now widget causing high CPU usage

I have a moto pure running 6.0. Recently I ran into an issue with the google search bar crashing every time i tried a search. I went an uninstalled the google app, rebooted and reinstalled. This resolved the crash with google search but started another issue.

I was having the google app being my number 2 battery user with high CPU pretty much spot on matching the screen time - the device was warm and battery life reduced by 3x from my normal. I installed a CPU monitoring app and noticed that the CPU usage was about 15% continuous for the google search bar googleqicksearchbox:search and googlequicksearchbox together take about 15% and don't stop.

I've tried:
uninstalling the google app, reboot, reinstall
cleared caches for the google app
cleared caches for the google now launcher
uninstalled and reinstalled the google now launcher

Nothing resolved the issue until i did this:
If i remove the google app 4x3 widget the CPU returns to normal - battery returns to normal.

So, it appears to be related to the widget. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to resolve this so i can use the widget? I figure I might be stuck with having to factory reset to resolve.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UuDiwG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment