Saturday, June 25, 2016

How to Enable Diag Mode in CM13?

Okay so here is the issue I'm facing today. I bought a Sprint Galaxy S5, and I managed to unlock it for domestic use (AT&T). I cannot get an LTE connection because my Qualcomm processor does not have the appropriate bands to use ATT LTE's network.

I read on here that you can write your NV memory to write the firmware and enable these other bands using QPST and QXDM. The issue I'm having though is getting my computer to install the diagnostic driver for COM port. It reads the Modem under modem tab in device manager. Since the computer doesn't think there is a diagnostic port, QPST configuration cannot open a diag port which is what I need. I've been able to successfully put my phone in rndis + DM + modem by using this in emulator,

su
setprop sys.usb.confing_rndis,diag,diag_mdm

Do not type the first _ as it's meant as a space bar, but USE diag_mdm
But there is no indication that any driver has installed, and does not appear in device manager (even with hidden devices shown).

I'm running 6.0.1 CM13 w/twrp recovery with SELINUX set to permissive.
On windows 8


I also noticed that the guide to add frequency bands was written in 2014, I also know that in Lollipop, you needed to enable CP Logging to get it show up.

What I'm wondering is if there is a missing step to properly installing the diag driver, or if Qualcomm/Samsung found other means to activate it.

I noticed that when using EFSPro I can set it to Diagnostic + Modem + adb but I can only read not read/write NV memory

Also I observed when I send the SPC to read the phone with EFSPro, it says

"SPC was accepted by the phone!"

Then followed by.. "SPC was not found".

Then after I close that popup it reads my NV memory, but I can't write.

Is there a method to enable CP logging on CM13 MM and install the diag com port for QPST use? I don't have a stock recovery to enable CP logging through usual means in as I'm using TWRP.


Link to GUIDE

http://ift.tt/1w5NmQz

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA-Developers mobile app


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/28RSCRZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment