Saturday, June 25, 2016

at the end of my rope. ( 11extsd2internalsd, unlockable bootloader, safestrap ?)

Hi everybody,
hopefully someone here can answer a few questions for me.
I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 mini.
android version 4.4.2
kernel version 3.4.0-1670137
baseband version g730aucubng4
my service provider is AT&T

what I want to do is pretty simple, or so I thought.
I read this article ( http://ift.tt/28RSvpd) about swapping your phone's internal and external storage so the thing doesn't get so full of apps etc. it runs like crap.
I thought "hey, I haven't rooted my phone yet for fear of loosing stuff, but it's old and slow and if it's that easy, why not"
I rooted it using kingo-root, but decided to use o-nandroid backup to create a backup before I did anything. I fallowed these instructions (http://ift.tt/28RSDFb) but during the process of flashing the zip file I got a failure message and managed to wipe my memory loosing everything that wasn't on the external sd card.

anyway, to make a long story short, after 4 days of messing with different apps and trying, unsuccessfully, to do various tasks (mainly dealing with creating backups. using twrp, cwm, titanium backup) I think I've discovered the problem.
contrary to what I had read, my android device's boot-loader was not unlocked, or in fact unlockable.

I finally managed to create a backup using Safestrap. but now to my question.

with my bootloader locked, and working through Safestrap, is it possible to use something like the 11extsd2internalsd file from that first article to swap my two hard drives? or am I stuck, since I can't install new kirnels?

--now, someone is bound to say "hey, you should have searched xyz, there is a thread there about this exact thing". I thought I'd respond to that now and save them the trouble. I have spent the past 5 hours searching, googleing, and reading articles about this. so far, I have learned a lot, but I'm tired and quite frustrated with the whole endeavor.
so I thought I would try asking the experts if it's even possible to do what I originally wanted to do, or if I should just delete all these apps, unroot my phone and go back to deleting my pictures and text messages every other day to save space.

Thanks for having the patiance to read through my tale of woes, hopefully someone will be able to help me out and answer my question.

JM


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/297ClrL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment