Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Unsuccessful MM rooted upgade - where did it go wrong?

So I decided it's time to upgrade seeing as my phone prompted me to do so. My phone is rooted and I wanted to keep it that way. I downloaded the latest version D6603_23.5.A.0.570_R2D (Swiss edition) using experifirm and then created the ftf using flashtool. (Latest version for all apps). I then used prf creator to create a flashable zip installable file (see attached picture)

With PRF creator I added the ftf file, SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141550, Z3-lockeddualrecovery2.8.26 and also in the Extra Files section;:confused: RICDefeat.zip and byeselinux_flashable.zip

The zip file I then copied to my sd card, rebooted into recovery and installed. Once the upgrade was complete, I discovered to my horror, that root is gone.

My question is, where did I go wrong? What did I leave out etc.

Final question, how to get my phone rooted again?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: PRF.JPG Views: N/A Size: 59.5 KB ID: 3739095  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/21u8k9Q
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment