Monday, May 2, 2016

Stuck at 5.1.1

Hello everyone,
Back in October, I had rooted my phone to install xposed etc. A little after that I received a notification for the stagefright update (i know that was a long time ago) and I ignored it (because of little time, I wanted to install cm13 but I never could find the time). Since marshmallow is a little more stable than lollipop, I would now like to shift to MM.

I distinctly remember trying to install the stagefright update (after rooting lollipop), and my phone went into a bootloop.

Two questions,
1. Does rooting not allow you to update your phone? Does it cause bootloop problems?
2. I want to stick to stock, so should I download the stock images? I'll be losing a lot of my data, I'll back it up but some of it is bound to get lost. Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1ObXY6T
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment