Sunday, May 29, 2016

Need help! SM-T900 loses power randomly, on charger or battery.

My SM-T900 loses power and goes to a dead state, even though the battery shows 100% charged.
When this happens, I can:
  • Plug in the USB charger (both the charger and cable are Samsung OEM)
  • The screen shows a gray battery icon, with "0" in the middle
  • Within a few seconds, the battery icon changes to "100%" and fills with a green animation to the top
  • At this point (charger still plugged in), I can boot the tablet normally using the power button.
  • Once the tablet is booted, if I unplug the USB charging cable, the tablet instantly goes dead
If I leave the charging cable connected, the tablet still goes dead at some point (usually from 30 seconds - 5 minutes)

Any ideas from a Samsung expert? This sounds like it might be a hardware failure, but I know that software and hardware are very closely coupled on these devices. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Earl


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/24fV5sW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment