Sunday, May 1, 2016

MMS not working while on WiFi - Suggestions?

So I recently upgraded from my Nexus 6 to the 6P. Fantastic upgrade, except that there seems to be the issue I mentioned in this thread title.

Whenever I'm on LTE my MMS messages / group messages come in just fine. But whenever I'm connected to WiFi -- either at home or at work -- I'll get the blinking LED notification that I've received an MMS message and sometimes see the "Message is Downloading" placeholder, only it won't ever download. I physically have to disconnect from Wifi, and then the message will roll in a few moments later.

A few specs to hopefully help out: - T-Mobile user, phone is stock but unlocked/rooted. I've flashed a different kernel (Franco) but that's it. I live in Los Angeles, and this wasn't an issue with the old N6, but first made it's ugly appearance on the 6P. Wi-Fi calling is always on and preferred. I can literally pop my SIM out and into the old phone, and the MMS will send/receive just fine. It appears to be a 6P problem. I've tried disabling WiFi Calling but it doesn't resolve the issue.

ADDED NOTE: I primarily use Messenger, but I switched to Hangouts to see if it rectified the problem. Same problem persisted. Same with Textra.

I've had experience with flashing other ROMS/radios on the old N6. I'm hesitant to change to a different ROM because I'm pretty happy with how the phone is working with stock, and everything I change can basically be done with Nova Launcher.

I've downloaded the older radio files, and was ready to attempt flashing one of those, but it's very different with this new TWRP 3.00+ and different partitions. My confidence with that has vanished with the new 6.01 partition stuff. If this is a potential fix, any help in that area would be appreciated.

I've also changed and fiddled with the APN settings, hoping the change might improve the MMS issue. It hasn't. I'm using the suggested T-Mobile APN settings that pop up when searching for this issue.

I've been debating switching to Project Fi, but with the absolute reliance on WiFi this hiccup has given me a bit of pause regarding that switch. Specifically because it happens on my home Wifi in Culver City, then the business Wifi in Downtown Los Angeles, across both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi bands.

Just looking for any help or suggestions. Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1X2q3Vw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment