Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Completely root Desire S

Hello all,

I am totally new with this smartphone stuff, but I know programming and Linux, so I hope I'll be able to catch on quickly with some help from you.
I have an old HTC Desire S and would like to try some of the Cyanogen Mod 12.1/13 nightly builds. But before I want to root the device. Now I am confused with all these different terms, S-Off, Bootloader unlock, etc. I want to have a complete root because I don't only want to use a custom rom, but I also want to use such superuser privacy apps. So I think I need the root privilege. How do I get this?
I checked at cyanogen mod Saga_Info page (not allowed to post links) but they say it depends on the system. I don't know ... I found the following information:
Kernel Version 3.0.16
Build number 14.01.401
HTC Sense version 3.6

Soooo ... can you help me to root the device?
There's nothing on the phone that I need. I did a backup using adb, but that was probably unnecessary anyway.

Thanks in advance
Anjanka


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/21u8vSm
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment