Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Kindle stuck in the future (Feb 10, 2036)

Hi fellows,
My kindle fire HD 6 - 4th Gen recently updated itself to 5.1.1. It worked well for a few days and one fine morning, it was stuck with a future date - Feb 10, 2036, yes the year 2036.
I've tried all sorts of things to fix it - factory reset, changed my wifi router (cos it says it gets the time from there), hooked onto my friends wifi, talked to Amazon support (useless anyway) but there hasn't been a resolution. Its day 10 today and the date has moved to Feb 19, 2036.
Because of this year mismatch, the kindle considers all the SSL certificates from present year to be obsolete and doesn't connect to anything which is over SSL - HTTPS, Sync, Apps, nothing works. HTTP sites work as expected, no issues at all.
I was wondering if reinstalling the 5.1.1 update manually would help and that is pretty much my last option, any ideas what else I could try apart from trying to root it ?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1RpEr3v
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment